Security Research Engineer
Location: Mountain View, CA
Smartphones, tablet, and other mobile devices have completely revolutionized how we operate in our daily lives. From communicating and sharing information to traveling and shopping, Samsung and Android have been at the core of this revolution. The next generation of mobile devices will completely change how we work.
Samsung KNOX™ is a comprehensive, secure mobile solution for both work life and personal life. It addresses the mobile security needs of enterprise IT without invading an employee’s personal privacy. Samsung KNOX enables employees to use their favorite personal mobile devices at work as well as enabling enterprises to allow personal use of company devices.
Come join the Samsung KNOX team and help us define and develop the future role of security and productivity for mobile devices and services!
Samsung KNOX – A New Solution for your Work Life and Personal Life: https://www.samsungknox.com/
We are hiring at all levels, Apply immediately to our fast growing team!
As part of the KNOX Security team, security research engineers identify and solve difficult security challenges involving Samsung’s mobile products. Team members are typically expert in one or more specialties, and can expect to learn more about other areas from exposure to the rest. Due to the breadth of Samsung’s enterprise interests, the work is varied: example banner projects include Samsung KNOX, Samsung Pay, and Samsung Connect Auto. Positions are available at varying levels of seniority.
Team Responsibilities Include:
- Develop novel technologies for mobile device security, including mobile operating systems, application security, network security, and applied cryptography
- Develop tools for identifying vulnerabilities in Samsung’s mobile computing systems
- Work closely with system software engineers to verify and to integrate developed technologies
- Provide expert guidance to product management, engineering and sales teams throughout the lifecycle of our products and services
- Analyze and respond to threats to the security and privacy of enterprises using Samsung’s Mobile Business Solutions
- Threats include Product Management, consumer-oriented features, engineers writing code under heavy sleep deprivation, and upstream’s next brilliant idea
- Undergraduate degree in technical field (e.g., Engineering or Computer Science) or equivalent practical experience
- Demonstrable experience with computer security issues, as demonstrated by:
- Conference papers or talks
- Academic or industry experience
- Vulnerability disclosures, such as CVEs
- Tools developed to analyze computer programs
- A sense of humor!
Professional or practical experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Vulnerability discovery and exploitation
- Android Framework
- Android applications development in a professional environment
- Android SDK performance tools and optimization techniques is a plus
- Android components such as services, providers, activities, fragments etc.
- Android Framework internals is a plus
- Linux kernel
- Driver development
- Exploit development
- Development for Trusted Execution Environments
- QSEE, Trustonic T-Base (Kinibi)
- Secure Element
- Developing and verifying cryptographic protocols under system limitations
- Embedded systems
- Little Kernel
- Internet of Things
- Incident response (with professional experience)
- Digital forensics or malware analysis
- Tizen OS
- Boundless optimism