Samsung is seeking a passionate and collaborative Product Manager to join the Samsung Health US team in Mountain View, CA. We are a user-centric and data-driven product team committed to driving health product innovation both in both consumer and enterprise health space within Samsung Mobile.
As a cross-disciplinary Health-focused product development team consisted (including product research, design, strategy, engineering, data, content, promotions and Q/A, quality assurance and product functions), we define the next generation of Health health services experiences for Samsung products.
The Product Manager will drive the vision for a new line of business in software and services. They will plan and manage product development activities including user and market research, vision, strategy, product definition, design, validation, SW engineering and product launch, collaborating closely with headquarter teams in Korea and local teams in the US.
Team Vision and Core Values
- Organization: Be the most impactful product team in USat Samsung
- Service: Bring users peace of mind everydayEmpower our users to elevate their health, every day
Team Core Values
- Teamwork: Team and project first. Help others (while maintaining your own prioritiesyet clear priority in mind)
- Commitment: All in or out. Be a trusted professional who delivers what’s promised on time on and with the highest level of quality
- Adaptive: collect infolisten and separate signal from noise, embrace the uncertainty and be flexible about your approach while maintaining strategic focuses with clear goal in mind
Roles and Responsibilities
- Drive product strategy activities (define product vision, strategy, roadmap, and work with business and strategy team to develop robust as well as business cases)
- Drive product development activities (market and user research, design, development, validation)
- Drive product GTM activities (define go to market strategy and launch activities) closely working with business, marketing and operations teams
- Own product requirement document (PRD) communicating and associated products specs and requirements documents, and being be thea single point of contact for key stakeholders including executives, partners, business, strategy, engineering, design, QA, operations, and legal.
- Be accountable for product quality and development timeline, working closely with technical program managers and development leads
Desired Skills and Experience
- Strong product management skills (market opportunity and user need identification, product vision & strategy formation, goal/KPI setting & monitoring, product definition & development, business case development, competitive positioning & pricing, roadmap, release plan & management)
- Strong product design experience (extensive experience working closely with designers and design researchers to derive consumer insights, create prototypes and mockups to test, refine, validate and defend new product opportunities)
- Strong communicators, who can creatively and effectively communicate ideas and build narratives that resonate with consumers and executives alike, as a story to others with strong verbal and written communication skills to deliver these ideas and narratives convincingly
- Strong collaborators, who can work across disciplines (internally and externally)
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, ambiguous and frequently changing environment while prioritizing and managing multiple sets of responsibilities
- Strong product sense and sense of taste in design aesthetics and best practices (visual across visual and interaction design)
- Avid user of consumer mobile apps, and experience using health apps, wearables and services
- 5+ years of product management experience
- 5+ years of consumer and/or mobile experience
- Product management and business management experience in healthcare industry (consumer and/or enterprise) is a huge plus
- Bachelors required; technical, design or business degree required; MBA or advanced technical/creative education a plus