Location: Mountain View, CA
Samsung Mobile is a leader in the discovery, research and development of Consumer Electronics and Mobile Phones. Driven by meaningful innovation, Samsung creates breakthrough technology products that are personalized, relevant and genuinely enhance daily life. This has empowered Samsung to become the market share leader in smartphones globally, as well as in televisions, memory, display drivers, and refrigerators. Samsung Mobile weaves cutting-edge technology into the roadmap of all of our existing product lines, and is constantly creating new adjacencies in breakthrough areas like VR/AR, Connected Car, Mobility, and Productivity.
Within Samsung Mobile, Innovation Management Group identifies new growth areas and develops strategies to roadmap the best approach for new businesses, leveraging knowledge of disruptive technologies developed internally and externally.
Come join Samsung Mobile and be a part of the future for mobility, with the potential to impact hundreds of millions of people.
The Innovation/Product Strategist will report to the Innovation Management Group Lead for Samsung Mobile. The IMG team works closely with Global teams across product planning, R&D, strategy, venture, marketing, and design to improve innovation processes, evaluate/integrate/propagate new technologies across the family of mobile products, create innovation guidelines and best practices, and develop strategies and roadmaps for new tech verticals to be created.
- Perform rigorous technology scoping to gain understanding and provide advanced subject-matter expertise in emerging technologies
- Learn and evaluate innovation activities across Samsung Mobile
- Develop relationships with various areas of HQ product development, from design, planning, marketing, to R&D.
- Build framework to improve innovation sharing and instill best-practices for new technology integration across product lines to create a consistent ecosystem of products
- Be able to grasp technical processes and systems architecture, HW and SW jargon, have working knowledge of mobile and personal productivity technology
- Analyze 3rd party company technology, assess core capabilities and unique IP, and perform due diligence on company financials if needed
-Define and articulate use cases/features/requirements/demographics for new technology
- Solicit and formalize feedback from various teams
-Contribute to the vision and roadmap of our overall products and services
-Collaborate with team members to create executive recommendations on innovation management strategy
5+ years of any of the following: product management, business strategy, technical project management, innovation management, strategy consulting, working with analytics and translating metrics, research, and trends into strategy
College degree required, and major in Engineering, CS, or similar technical background strongly preferred. MBA also preferred.
Background in at least one of the following is required- mobility, HW/SW engineering, innovation strategy, mobile services, VR/AR, IoT, AI/ML, Blockchain, mobile application & services development, entrepreneurship
Excellent communication and presentation skills
Self-starter and fast learner