Smartphones, tablets, and other mobile devices have completely revolutionized how we operate in our daily lives. From communicating and sharing information to traveling and shopping, Samsung and Android have been at the core of this revolution. The next generation of mobile devices will completely change how we work. Development has already begun, and the possibilities are endless.
Bixby is an intelligent virtual assistant which is only available as a built-in application on Samsung flagship devices and wearables. This application uses a natural language user interface to perform tasks on these devices using voice, including but not limited to making phone calls, sending text messages, setting up meetings, opening apps, setting alarms and timers, getting directions, answering general questions, providing information about restaurants and other businesses, etc. These functions vary depending on the phone or wearable model.
Here is the link to learn more about our project: http://www.samsung.com/global/galaxy/galaxy-s8/intelligence/.
Samsung Research America is currently seeking a Technical Program Director to lead Bixby R&D efforts.
- Work with Samsung's global teams to ensure that technology integration projects are delivered as per the requirements with good quality, in timely fashion.
- Identify stakeholders by collaborating with cross functional teams (product management, engineering, executives) across multiple geographies (US, Korea, India).
- Work closely with stakeholders to define scope, goals and deliverables in alignment with Samsung business goals.
- Ensure that all stakeholders are aligned towards a common goal by meeting and receiving feedback on an ongoing basis.
- Own end-to-end project delivery on-time and good quality. Define and track project deliverables by working closely with stakeholders.
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify issues and device contingency plans.
- Communicate status and dashboards on a regular basis with the stakeholders.
- 15+ years’ experience in technical project management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Demonstrated experience working with technology partners (of all sizes), to deliver projects involving multiple teams.
- Demonstrated experience to lead a group of technical program managers.
- Demonstrated experience in shipping end product and/or solutions, including full life-cycle and release management.
- Agile Methodology experience strongly preferred.
- Experience with mobility products is strongly desired.
- Demonstrated experience simultaneously working on multiple projects with multiple partners.
- Demonstrated experience working and communicating effectively across organizational structures and multiple management levels.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment while prioritizing and managing multiple responsibilities.
- Ability to successfully facilitate collaboration across multiple functions, departments and levels and serve as a role model for teamwork.