The AI research team at Samsung Research America (SRA), located in Mountain View, CA, is looking for an outstanding and highly self-motivated research engineer. We are looking for candidates with expertise in deep learning, computer vision and language understanding, with research experience in the following areas: large-scale visual recognition and detection, object tracking, video understanding, deep model compression, facial analysis (recognition, expression, and attributes perception), video summarization and NLP. The candidate will work with a team of research scientists and engineers tackling real-world problems involving Samsung’s Artificial intelligence products. The candidate can also have the opportunity to publish at top-tier conferences in deep learning, computer vision, language understanding. As a research engineer, you will be involved in very promising team projects with talented people at Samsung. You will benefit a lot by working in a fun and creative environment. The AI research center is a key part of Samsung’s global R&D effort and aims to have direct impact on future Samsung products reaching hundreds of millions of users worldwide.
- Currently enrolled in PhD program or Master (with 2+ year work experience) with focus on computer vision, deep learning, language understanding or related fields.
- Experience with various libraries and platforms in computer vision, deep learning, and machine learning.
- Strong algorithmic problem solving skills, and the ability to implement solutions in C/C++, Python, Java, etc.
- Experience in Android development and graphic rendering is a plus.
- Experiences in publishing scientific papers in top quality conferences/journals (CVPR, ICCV, ECCV, FG, WACV, BMVC, NIPS, ICML, AAAI, IJCAI, ACL, ICASSP, etc) are also necessary.
- Experience in DL library such as Caffe, TensorFlow, Torch, etc. with strong hands on experience in at least one (preferably two) of them is required.
- Experience working with GPUs and parallel programming (HPC and/or big-data platforms) is a plus
- Ability to work as a team, motivation for international collaboration, strong communication skills, self-motivated, proactive, flexible and passionate about learning
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced team environment and self-motivated.
Samsung Research America is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.