Design professionals are defined by what they create. Samsung has the risk taking corporate culture, strategic R&D investments and global know-how to imagine, develop and market products that lead the industry. Samsung’s Custom Experience Lab. located in Mountain View, California is currently recruiting world-class user experience engineers who share our “Innovation through passion” philosophy and thrive in a fast-pace, results-driven environment. The candidate will be a part of an innovative, user-centered approach to user experience design and engineering at Samsung that will drive improvements in the architecture, usability and visual design of Samsung software and products.
- Help shape user experiences for home consumer electronics such as televisions, sound systems, and secret industry-first devices.
- Develop functional prototypes to demonstrate concepts to development teams and senior leadership.
- Work with designers to create system architecture, workflows, user task analysis, personas, interaction flows, and low to high fidelity prototypes.
- Work with researchers to translate design into interactive prototypes and research findings into design improvements.
- Rapidly build and iterate on polished, high-fidelity prototypes that express design intent, using the best tools and techniques for the task.
- Work creatively through and around perceived limitations and challenges imposed by the delivery platform to create delightful experiences for customers.
- Gauging the usability of new and existing products, and making constructive suggestions for change.
- Applying the best practice on prototyping under tight deadlines, while effectively managing trade-offs between user experience and technical feasibility.
- Candidate must demonstrate strategic creative thinking and be able to articulate why they made specific decisions to meet strategic objectives.
- Solid academic background in computer science, human factors, human-computer interaction, or related field.
- Must be process driven, self-motivated, detail-oriented and have a solid understanding of user centered design principles.
- Knowledge of backend server development (Node.js, etc)
- Knowledge of front-end web development (Vue.js, React.js, etc)
- Knowledge of mobile development (Android, iOS, Cordova, etc)
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills.
- Must work well under pressure and be able to meet aggressive deadlines.
- Clean visual/interaction design sense.
- Knowledge of design tools (Photoshop, Sketch)
- Build digital interfaces to control and interact with physical devices.