The senior user experience (S-UXD) designer is an individual contributor tasked with the uncovering, framing, development and delivery of appropriate design solutions for meaningful user needs.
The S-UXD designer works in collaboration with product, marketing, engineering and research teams to build products that excite our users and turn them into passionate advocates of our user experience and product offering.
The S-UXD is comfortable in its knowledge of technical enablers and constrains and is a fast learner that can articulate sound design decisions in front of the technical members of a product development team with confidence.
The S-UXD reports and collaborates with the lead designers to secure prompt delivery of design deliverables, mentoring of more junior members of the team and in extending the reach of the design organization both internally and externally.
- Analyze and synthetize complex information and frame the proper product scope and direction for the design team.
- Solve systemic problems on the realm of user needs, design platforms and technical boundaries.
- Provide day to day opportunistic creative leadership, care for and mentor more junior designers.
- Define and articulate relevant user needs, product and process opportunities.
- Own and secure the proper implementation of design concepts, making sure that the ultimate design intent is respected.
- At least 5+ years of professional experience as an interaction / product / user experience designer with a track of products released to the market.
- An online portfolio demonstrating experience shipping complex interactive products.
- BA in Human-computer Interaction (HCI), Interaction Design, Architecture, Human Factors or a related field.
- A master degree in a design or HCI related field is a plus
- Experience in the design and development of consumer electronics, information appliances or connected physical products with embedded SW is a plus.
- Experience interacting with multicultural and multi-disciplinary teams.
- Understanding and a healthy curiosity for the technical aspect of SW/HW products as well as the implications of specific back ends / SW platforms.
- Familiarity with multiple user research tools and deep knowledge on the reading, interpretation, and application of their data output into the design process.
- Excellent verbal, visual communication and storytelling skills