Audio Systems Engineer (Small Systems) Samsung – the world’s number one TV and cell phone maker – is now turning its eye toward sound. Loudspeakers used to be big and bulky; in the future they will be small, portable and able to connect to all your devices. Delivering high quality sound anywhere (in the home, outdoors and on the road) and connected to any source is our goal. We are building a world-class audio lab in Valencia, California. A place where the world’s leading audio engineers and researchers will design ground breaking products. If you’re an engineer with a love for music and movies we want to hear from you.
• System level design of small audio products to meet design and performance targets including:
- Transducer, amplifier and DSP specification.
- Enclosure volume and tuning specification.
• Small Audio Systems include (but not limited to):
- Tablets o Portable speakers…
• Tune engineering prototypes by adjusting DSP as a result of objective and subjective measurements.
• Perform objective electronic and acoustic measurements of audio products.
• Disassemble, analyze and reassemble competitive products.
• Build prototype loudspeaker systems.
• Perform linear and non-linear measurements on transducers.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or similar.
• Experience with Audio Precision.
• Experience with an acoustic measurement system (i.e.: CLIO, SoundCheck…)
The qualified candidate will possess the following:
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to create clear documentation.
• An attention to detail. Always thinking: “How can I make this better?” • A great team player able to assume any role from mentor to student.