Samsung Design America(SDA), located in San Francisco, CA, is looking for a world-class Business Operations & Planner who shares our “Innovation through passion” philosophy and thrives in a fast-pace, results-driven environment.
Responsible for documentation of planning and analysis related to design studio operations, including finance, resourcing, and vendor management. This role will also assist in budgeting and headcount of company transactions. This role will report to the Head of Operations, and engage with cross-functional teams including industrial design, UX, engineering and Finance/Legal/HR.
• Understand and shape the design studio’s mission and strategy
• Develop plans to materialize strategy and analyze business operations
• Must be able to communicate effectively with geographically diversified teams
• Analyze assessment the studio’s operational and strategic performance
• Align processes, resources-planning and department goals with overall planning
• Provide support and insight into significant organizational changes
• Construct forecasts and analytical models
• Monitor and analyze industry trends and market changes
• Facilitate 3rd party vendor management
• Analytical capabilities in finance & accounting to interpret data & present to management
Necessary Skills / Attributes
• Bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance, Strategy or related fields
• 3-7 years of directly related experience is required such as business planning or(and) operations, or equivalent work experience in strategy or finance.
• Must have demonstrable experience in developing presentations using a variety of PC applications, including PowerPoint software of Microsoft Office
• Proficiency in quantitative analyses, data mining, using analytics platforms/dashboards and creating insightful service reports
• Superior presentation skills including proficiency in excel macros with the ability to present effectively across all cultures and levels
• Excellent communication skills with ability to deliver concise messages