Samsung Research America’s Computer Science and Innovation Center is recruiting a cutting edge Research Engineer in the areas of Computer Vision and Augmented Reality who thrives in a fast-paced, results driven team. The candidate will be part of an innovative, hands-on team at Samsung that creates new products and technologies. The successful candidate will have demonstrated ability in the areas of computer vision and augmented reality and more specifically in areas related to object tracking. The candidate will have experience of shipping code in products across multiple computational platforms. The candidate will have a sound understanding of various software and hardware optimization paradigms and enjoys working in a team of researchers and UX designers.
Necessary Skills / Attributes
• MS/PhD in Computer Vision, Augmented Reality and other related areas
• Hands-on experience with real-time augmented reality applications, feature tracking, object tracking, SLAM and other related areas.
• Strong understanding of object tracking under various application scenarios (planar i.e. tracking without features, feature based tracking, motion tracking, marker-less augmented reality etc.).
• Understanding of related research areas
• Strong C/C++ coding experience. You should be able to write clean, elegant and maintainable high-performance code
• Experience with prototyping computer vision/augmented reality algorithms in Python/MATLAB
• Good understanding of software architecture and programming patterns.
• Flexibility to deal with rapidly changing environment
• Programming experience in multiple hardware platforms: Smartphones/Wearables/tablets/desktop applications etc.
• Prior experience with programming mobile platforms, in particular with exploiting their hardware capabilities optimally, via SIMD code (NEON, SSE) or GPGPU programming
• API/Interface design experience, passion about customer focus
• Graphics programming experience (OpenGL/DirectX/XNA/WPF), experience working closely with UX designers
• Contributions to major open-source libraries such as OpenCV, ARToolkit, mixare (Mix AR Engine), AndAR (Andriod Augmented Reality) etc. a major plus