Samsung’s Think Tank Team, located in Mountain View, California, is recruiting world-class Research Engineers who share our “Innovation through passion” philosophy and thrive in a fast-pace, results-driven environment. The candidate will become part of an innovative, hands-on team at Samsung that creates new Samsung software and products. We seek engineers to create both front-end user experiences and backend services and platforms that may enable new devices or span multiple devices and device types.
• Implement proof-of-concept prototypes for fast iterative testing.
• Solve tough engineering problems in unexplored domains.
• Collaborate with other engineers to integrate cutting-edge functionality into novel prototypes.
• Strengthen and expand upon prototypes for delivery to product organizations.
• Maintain constant awareness of new toolkits, libraries, data sets, APIs, web services as they emerge.
Necessary Skills / Attributes
• Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field.
• 3+ years experience in software development for mobile platforms (Android preferred).
• 3+ years experience working with Java.
• Rapid prototyping and software engineering skills in UI libraries across multiple platforms (primarily Android an d web technologies).
• Experience creating back-end services and platforms that can be leveraged by user-facing applications and other services.
• Ability to quickly learn and use diverse tools and technologies.
• Strong attention to detail and resourceful ability to get any job done.
• Experience with a user-centered design process and building for users’ needs.