Location: Mountain View, CA
Samsung is seeking a passionate and highly collaborative Android UI Developer to join our Mobile Experience (MX) team in Mountain View, CA. We are a user experience team committed to driving product innovation within Samsung Mobile.
As a cross-disciplinary Health-focused product development team consisted of research, technology, design, strategy and product functions, we define the next generation of Health services experiences for Samsung products.
Come join the Mobile Experience team and help us define and develop the future role of User Experience for mobile products and services!
As an Android Developer, you will be responsible for taking the very best concepts through various stages of production coding, to prove the feasibility of a concept and to complete end-to-end functional software services. You will also be expected to help prove concept feasibility and provide input into the architecture of the services we build. If you love working directly on consumer-facing products and shipping what you build, we’d love to meet you.
- Create front end user interface prototypes ranging from limited functionality all the way to fully functional prototypes.
- Work with cross-disciplinary teams (design, research, product) throughout the design process generating insights, creating concepts and prototyping.
- Proficiency with native Android application development – with a strong focus on native Android UI and front-end experience.
- Experience with high-performance UI development, including Custom Android controls and UI elements.
- Strong mobile system development skills (sensors, media, algorithms, threading, memory management, sync, networking, power)
- Strong understanding of physics and mathematics as applied to the development of UI transitions, animations, image processing etc.
- A strong collaborator who can work across multi-disciplinary teams.
- 3+ years’ experience in mobile software development.
- Bachelor’s or Master’ degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience.
- Ideally, candidates have formal training or significant experience in a user-centered development process, including working with an integrated design team.
- A strong candidate should present a portfolio of their work including code that they have written.
- Candidate must also present the ability to understand designs presented to them and the thought process in how they went about prototyping these designs.