The MPI Lab is looking for SoC/HW IP architect/designer in the SoC/HWIP team to accelerate technology and user experience differentiations in Samsung’s Galaxy mobile platforms. The SoC/HWIP R&D team is responsible for defining and delivering differentiated HW IP architecture solutions with best-in-class power-performance trade-offs from conception through implementation. The team members will be responsible for collaboration with system team, defining HW sub-system architecture from IP requirement, analyzing micro-architectures for low-power implementation, SoC Integration and delivering best-in-class power-performance HW design.
Common Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Design of complex image/vision multimedia signal processing sub-system with focus on low-power implementation.
• Own sub-system/IP-component development from concept through RTL implementation and technical implementation specification
• Successfully collaborate with AP lab members to deliver/prototype best-in-class HW IP and SoC integration
• Analyze power/performance/area of the owned sub-system and deliver competitiveness analysis
• MS/PhD in Electrical Engineering/Computer Engineering or a similar technical degree. Ph.D. degree is preferred.
• 3+ years of relevant experience in AP SoC, subsystem, and component IP development for mobile applications
• Good understanding of AP and mobile industry and related technical trends
• Hands-on experience with EDA tools, prototyping, simulating, developing IP solutions for use in SoC
• Hands-on experience with low-power HW IP development
• Good technical documentation and presentation skills
• Good communication skills for effective interactions with AP lab members
• Familiarity with multimedia domain technologies for mobile AP
• Familiarity with low-power micro-architecture design and low-power design flow
• Familiarity with programmable processor architecture
• Excellent interpersonal skills /willingness to travel Internationally as needed