Samsung Research America (SRA) is located in Mountain View, California is currently recruiting world-class R&D engineers who share our "Innovation through Passion" philosophy and thrive in a fast-pace, cross-team, results-driven environment, with focus on highly visible, challenging, and cross discipline projects. At SRA you will get the best of both worlds – you will have the freedom and creative environment of corporative research support and have the potential to see your creation translate to real products.
The successful candidate will have a keen interest in both practical and fundamental research on knowledge representation and reasoning especially with regard to its integration with Intelligent Natural language Interfaces. Intelligent Natural Language Interfaces are a life-changing experience for personal electronic devices. SRA is researching core technologies that support intelligent devices for consumers. We are recruiting full-time researchers who are passionate about creating cutting edge knowledge representation and reasoning technologies for this purpose. The candidate will be part of an interdisciplinary research team. Implementation skills and the ability to create early-stage prototypes are also desirable.
Common Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
· Research and develop core technologies for knowledge representation and reasoning
· Research and develop core technologies for knowledge based natural language user interfaces
· Build high quality proof-of-concept prototypes
· Formulate research problems based on real-world needs and independently conduct high-quality research
· Patent novel solutions and publish research results in top conferences and journals.
Background / Experience:
· Deep knowledge and experiences in one or more of the following areas:
· Knowledge representation and knowledge base technologies
· Familiarity with common knowledge representations and ontologies
· Reasoning algorithms such as: first order predicate logics, non-monotonic reasoning, abductive reasoning, fuzzy reasoning and probabilistic reasoning, etc…
· Information retrieval and information theory
· Familiarity with the following is a plus:
· Information retrieval tools such as Elastic Search, Lucene, Solr
· Graph databases such as Neo4J, AllgroGraph, OrientDB, or a triple store
· Graph query languages such as Gremlin, GraphQL, SPARQL, Cypher
· Java, Python, C/C++
· Proven track record of research/publications in knowledge representation and reasoning
· Willingness to learn new knowledge and skills
· Experience in both R&D environment and product development will be a plus.
Necessary Skills / Attributes:
· Excellent communication and team working skills with a willingness to work with an international team to deliver rapid prototypes.
· Ph.D. in Computer Science, or a related field is required
Samsung Research America is an equal employment opportunity employer.