Samsung is seeking a passionate and collaborative Senior Visual Designer to join the Mobile Experience (MX) lab in Mountain View, CA. We are a user experience team committed to driving product innovation within Samsung Mobile.
MX is a cross-disciplinary lab within Samsung Research America that provides the opportunity to work with some of the most talented product owners, designers and developers in the company. Working in small teams, you will iteratively define the next generation of services and experiences from a user-centered perspective.
As a Visual Designer, you will be responsible for effectively articulating your design rationale while defining and driving the visual design language for the products developed by the team. You will work closely with our interaction designers, product managers, engineers and executives to create engaging visuals that bring ideas to life, enhance the user experience, compliment user needs, and are technically feasible.
- Understand the UX processes and methodologies and be the bridge between business requirements, user research, branding, visual design, and technology.
- Strong ability in graphic design and typography, preferably with experience in digital consumer products.
- Deep knowledge of latest trends in visual design for web design, mobile, and wearable applications.
- Expert-level proficiency of common graphic design tools such as Adobe Creative suite, Sketch.
- Plus: design motion graphics and animation effects.
- Be a part of product ideation and conceptual development.
- Strong command of visual design capabilities, including composition, layout information hierarchy, typography, color, animation and motion.
- Effectively communicate product function and brand identity and related design specifications, including GUI guidelines, screen layouts, color palettes, typography, user interface elements, and icons.
- Proven experience and solid working knowledge of information architecture, task-flow models, state-transition diagrams, story boarding, wire framing, creating design specifications and guidelines.
- Produce storyboards, scenarios, and design prototypes during ideation and conceptual phase.
- Collaborate with fellow UX designers as they incorporate visuals into their work to enhance interactivity and delight users.
- Work with cross-disciplinary teams (research, design, strategy) throughout the design process generating insights, creating concepts and prototyping
- Rapidly iterate, creating multiple design solutions.
- 5+ years of industry experience
- BA/BS degree in Design (e.g., interaction, graphic, visual communications, product, industrial), HCI, CS or a related field or equivalent practical experience.
- Portfolio that includes visual design in web and/or mobile contexts.
- Solid understanding of basic principles of visual design.
- Propensity to focus on detailed aspects of visual design.