The Samsung Computing Science Innovation Center is seeking a talented, highly motivated individual to join our learning solution platform (LSP) R&D team. In this team, you will be responsible for creating cutting-edge technologies that can significantly enhance the ability of mobile platforms to understand visual environments and interact with users. You will also work on efficient software and hardware implementations on current and/or upcoming Samsung product platforms. The Computing Science Innovation Center is a key part of Samsung’s global R&D effort and aims to have direct impact on future Samsung products reaching hundreds of millions of users worldwide.
You will work closely with our existing international R&D and engineering teams to develop & analyze state of the art machine learning & computer vision algorithms and drive research and development in emerging fields.
- Research and develop novel deep learning architectures and algorithms
- Evaluate state-of-the-art deep learning algorithms and advances in DL software frameworks
- Build rigorous deep learning technologies applicable to computer vision domains, such as object detection in videos, scene classifications, etc.
- Design, develop, and optimize Deep Neural Networks with the vision of applying to commercial products
- Drive adoption of Deep Learning based systems into next-generation of Samsung products
- Demonstrate success in the application of ML/DL to practical problems
- Build prototypes of DL solution to show proof-of-concepts and transfer to business units
- Write clean and re-usable code in programming languages such as, Python, C/C++, etc.
- MS/Ph.D. in Computer Science (AI/ML specialization) or equivalent. Ph.D. degree is preferred
- In depth knowledge of different aspects of deep learning including architectural design (CNN, RNN, LSTM, dropout, pooling, etc.) and optimization
- Familiarity with DL library such as Caffe, TensorFlow, Theano, Torch, etc. with strong hands on experience in at least one (preferably two) of them
- Proven programming skills in C/C++, Python or other related languages
- Experience in development and implementation of state-of-the art DL algorithm for diverse applications is a plus
- Experience working with GPUs and parallel programming (HPC and/or big-data platforms) is a plus
- Experience in integrating machine learning with real-time computing including mobile apps is a plus
- Experience in employing machine learning/deep learning in a commercial application is a plus
- Strong publication record (e.g. NIPS, ICML, AAAI, ICLR) is a plus
- Ability to work as a team, motivation for international collaboration, strong communication skills, self-motivated, proactive, flexible and passionate about learning
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced team environment focused on end results
Samsung Research America is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer